View Single Post
Old August 01, 2008, 04:08 AM
Filósofo y Poeta

Alfonso will become famous soon enough
Grotesque / grotesco

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen,

I wish you to help me with a definition of a really sliding concept: lo grotesco / the grotesque. I know every person here can look it up in a dictionary and tell, but I don’t think this copy and paste thought is worth it. What I wish you to do, if possible, is to close your eyes, to think intensively (don’t stop breathing) about the grotesque, and tell me what does this word mean to you, what does it suggest to you, what images come to your mind, what kind of events do you think are grotesque, what animal is the most grotesque in the world under your point of view...

If necessary, you can ask your wife, your husband, your parents, your neighbours, your friends, your enemies, your pet, your hairdresser, your boss... Whoever!

I really need this information, as I’m trying to help someone, a lady, who’s writing something about the subject. So, with your help, you are also maybe contributing to love to come out.

I hope this will be enough for you to know that this is as urgent and necessary as sure it is that the summer will finally leave.

Thanks in advance for your help!