View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 06:21 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Okay - here are my second attempts:

1)
a) Aunque haga mucho frío, saldré.
b) Aunque el examen sea difícil, lo harán. (ustedes)

2)
c) ¿¿...?? No sé....
d) Por mucho que Mario no beba, es un mal hábito. (I'm guessing this is wrong, but I don't know how to express the opposite - the exercise only gave "muy" and "mucho" as examples... Could it possibly be "por menos que"???)
e) Por mucho calor que haga, estaremos bien al sol. (Again, I honestly believe this is wrong, but I have no idea....)

3)
a) (¿Por qué el "?"? Quiero decir "disadvantaged". Does "desfavorecido" not mean "disadvantaged"?)
c) I meant to say something like: "Even though I didn't stay in New York last week, I rested in my own house for a couple of days." How would you say that? Does it not fit the model?
d) The example given (on another page): http://www.blogdeespanol.com/wp-cont...oncesivas..pdf - in the second page, under the past tense. I tried to use (3c) as the first example of pasado and (3d) as the second example. If I hadn't written (3c) as I did, would (3d) be correct?
e) I tried to model this after the third example in the future tense (same page as previous)....

Ugh! This one was really difficult................