View Single Post
Old July 27, 2014, 05:45 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
SteveB is on a distinguished road
Feeling a little lost with my studies....

So I have been studying Spanish for some time now. At first I only read, then I listened and i have only spoke a little over the last 6 months or so. But I just feel l can't get INTO any type of studying at the moment.
I have completed textbooks which I found helpful even though now I can remember some chapters, I try going over them but become quite quickly bored.
I have listened to beginners and advanced Michel Thomas, very very useful although some things I have trouble remembering but when I go over them I become bored quickly again.
I have grammar books and podcasts but feel like I'm not getting anywhere again. Hit a wall big time.
My time is limited to speak (on skype) due to work and family but I spent 2 hours this morning trying to get a chat online and had NOTHING! I really want to speak but this is something I can do the least but when I get the chance I really struggle for a conversation. I have lots of contacts but little joy when I need it.
I even started Portuguese as I was getting no further with Spanish but as I'm going to The Canary Islands soon for a holiday I'm trying only to improve my spanish right now.

Anyone else in a rut or have been? How did you get out of it?