Thread: Animal obituary
View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 03:39 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Below, I have highlighted a few areas of concern in my revision of your obituary. You'll need to include information about the role the frog played in nature, as this can't be found in your original.

Splendid Poison Frog
Dendrobates speciosus

The Splendid Poison Frog, a colorful yet deadly creature, has other poison dart frog relatives, like the Strawberry and Golden Dart frogs. These relatives are plentiful, but, sadly, there aren't many Splendid Poison frogs left in this world. The Splendid Poison Frog is native to Panama, where its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montanes. They are insectivores, and predators would not eat them because of their poisonous skin. These frogs have been on Earth since the dinosaurs.
There are no Splendid Poison frogs in the forests of Panama anymore. The last few were kept in a lab located near their natural habitats, until something terrible happened. At noon on April 15th, 2050, the owner of the lab had locked the doors and left. Around 4 PM, he returned to find the doors unlocked and the lab in ruins. The dead bodies of the frogs were on the floor. Police are investigating the scene to gather evidence that can be linked to the perpetrator. Why anyone would kill the frogs is unknown. For now, all we do know is that the Splendid Poison Frog is extinct.

thanks for the corrections.

as for the role it plays, it is an insectivore. my teacher said you can write that as the role. It eats insects

Last edited by Jessica; October 27, 2008 at 03:41 PM.