View Single Post
Old March 27, 2024, 07:47 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael30000 View Post
"Observa dos ejemplos de cómo completarían este último «Momento libreta» un deportista y una dependienta, y luego redacta el tuyo." ... real or simply made up?
~~~
"Finaliza diez veces la frase que empieza con "Quiero ser..." Los ejemplos que ofrezco a continuación pertenecen a personas distintas." In this case, the examples are real, aren't they?

The use of "completarían" (condicional) in itself suggests to me that these two examples are made up; i.e., not real.
So, taking all of the above into account, are these two examples real (dos ejemplos de cómo completarían) and if they are why is condicional used in place of the simple past (completaron)?
Hola,
I can't say whether the examples were based on a real event or a fictional one. Si la autora presentó algunos ejemplos en primer lugar, entonces el atleta y la dependienta completaron (no "completarían") el «Momento libreta». I believe she presented examples (real or not, no one can say), but think that the wrong mood was used in the write-up. The examples were clearly completed. It was poorly written, in my opinion.
In the second instance you spoke of, it mentions that two "different people" responded. We don't know with absolute certainty that the responses from different people were real. They could have been made up. They may have been altered to protect identity. Who knows? Using the correct mood (indicative) helped us feel more easy about our assumptions as to reality or not.