View Single Post
Old March 04, 2009, 06:30 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolboreta View Post
I don't teach anything

I am what in Spain is called "orientadora educativa". I am a psycologist, but for doing this work you also can be a pedagogue. We are called "teachers", we must meet the same basic requirements that math, spanish or physics teachers do to work in public high schools. So we get the title "high school teachers", but in practice we don't teach. Our main work is advice (asesoramiento?). We help teachers with teaching metodologies, psychological and pedagogical aspects of their work. We advice teenagers about the things they may choose (going to the university, what to study next year...). And we help families with any problems they may have that can get in the way of their childrens' learning process.

Do you have any similar job in USA high schools? And how are they called?

Oh, I would love to learn teaching and education vocabulary. The most of the words I used in the paragraph above are from googletranslator. God knows what I said
Sirvió bien googletranslator. Hice unos pocos retoques. La palabra pedagogue es una palabra de alto registro y no se entiende mucho la gente de vocabulario limitado. Es mejor usar educator o teacher.