Thread: American (USA)
View Single Post
Old March 31, 2009, 07:31 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
@Lou Ann: And you're learning fast.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post

Yes, she is!

I like to teach American people, because they are more daring, even though they present themselves with the same insecurities as anybody else, but they tend to quelch them and plow ahead!
You guys ARE talking about my learning Spanish fast, right? Or do you mean that I'm learning y'all's personalities fast? Hmmm.... Well, Thank you................

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post

I hope nobody is mad at me. Just wanted to elicit some comments, which I got. I myself would get very upset when an American would say that he was an American and that i was Chilean.

I guess American people do not pay much attention to that instead of trying to not hurt people's feelings...

What say you?
I am sometimes annoyed with the arrogance that many (most?) USAmerican's have. I guess that many people around the world are very proud of their own nations/nationalities. But for some reason, American pride sometimes seems to come off "different" in a way that I cannot put my finger upon. I don't think that the actual incidence of the use of "American" to mean "US Citizen" is what bothers me, but that we never developed our own "name" for our country. As if we needed one.... It really does come down to not hurting feelings... Do many USAmericans even care?

Anyway - you would have a difficult time making me angry because you have so quickly endeared yourself to me (and I'm sure to others). It's good to hear you discuss something so close to your heart.