View Single Post
Old June 30, 2009, 02:11 AM
Emerald

Native Language: British English
brute is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
I try to be as lenient as possible with respect to this. The forums have a couple of purposes-- one is to ask questions about Spanish or English, and get answers. Another is to practice your target language (Spanish or English) while asking/answering questions. Part of this practice naturally includes corrections. Short corrections right within other discussions are currently OK. One way to minimize getting off-topic and distracting from the thread is to reply to the topic of the thread, but then include any corrections right in the same post, sort of as a side note. If you can think of a better way of doing all this, I'm open to suggestions as well. I just want this place to be fun and useful to language learning, but at the same time that must include providing a structured format and keeping things on topic-- otherwise there would be too much noise and it would be harder to get something useful out of a thread.

I hope that answers your question.

If anyone else has an opinion, pitch in! We're not in a vacuum, and the forums wouldn't be anything without all of you, so I really want to give you a voice in how things are run around here.
It is true that the threads do fray very quickly and develop split ends. It can be confusing at times when you are trying to find an old contribution in a much evolved thread. Perhaps the moderators could sometimes re-house (or duplicate) new lines of thought in new threads?