View Single Post
Old June 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by literacola View Post
Hey everyone,

I am starting my first semester at UC Davis this fall, and I have placed into Spanish Composition I via the language placement test. I am wondering if anyone has taken a Spanish Composition course and can let me know what I should expect. I have only taken two semesters of Spanish at my Community College, and I am not sure I am prepared to take the course. Technically I should be taking two lower division Spanish courses, covering the imperfect, future, conditional, and present subjunctive in depth, but I have tested out of both of them. I just want to make sure I am not getting in over my head, so if anyone with experience in college level courses could help me out with more information on what to expect I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Sign up for the composition class and another class. Go to both of them. After one or two class sessions you should easily be able to tell if you're in over your head and you can drop one of the classes the first week.

Aside from the two semesters of Spanish at community college, have you studied Spanish before? How were your two semesters? Did you enjoy it? Did you go out of your way to learn more than you were supposed to? Did you seek out people to practice with? In my opinion, the question of if it's going to be over your head or not has more to do with your will/desire/motivation to learn that it does with your current level of knowledge.