View Single Post
Old July 18, 2010, 07:20 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
While I 'agree' with Angélica in the 'form', I tend to agree more with Perikles original interpretation.

"Me duele una mujer en todo el cuerpo" me recuerda a un pareadado en catalán, que decía; "quinflimin doflomoloflomor, l'aflamoflomor" or something like this, which "translated" means, "quin dolor, l'amor" i.e., "qué dolor, el amor" or "what a pain, [is] love".

While this may sound "masochistic", is not. So, pardon my excursion or digression, but it goes with the sense of the verse...

Just thinking aloud (or writing without much thinking)

"My whole body is hurting for/with a [the/a specific] woman"
"A woman aches in my whole body"
"My whole body aches because of a woman"
"I feel the pain of a [the] woman in my whole body".

Not easy, if possible at all. The "una mujer" in Spanish while it is an 'indefinite' article, is referring to "one specific one" (like "me duele una mujer concreta = la mujer que amo, y que me ama")

In other words, the Spanish suggest to me that he is either physically or spiritually with the woman he loves... however he is under "threat", so he cannot have that love, and so it is painful...

Well, I am not that sure I should have written anything here... but I hope I have sparked some more spirit of search... If anyone have a better inkling of the overall meaning of the verse and the poem, it will be nice to be able to get the full significance and concept... Otherwise, feel free to give me some constructive critique at my attempts...

Last edited by JPablo; July 19, 2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo fixed