View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
Opal

oktavian is on a distinguished road
Thanks very much for clarifying that, it was driving me nuts. Now that you transcribed it, I can hear it. This forum is great.

By the way, I don't think the problem here is that the speaker is Catalan. The man at 0:08 is clearly influenced by his mother tongue when speaking Spanish - you can hear the underlying intonation of Catalan, but not the guy at 0:38. That guy speaks very much the type of colloquial, underpronounced Spanish that you often hear it wherever you go and that is a huge challenge for us, foreigners.

Maybe Tomisimo can open a separate forum for this type of questions - listening Spanish, where people can ask about small parts of videos on youtube, rtve.es etc that they can't hear/understand well or at all. This is the most important part of learning the language, with millions of people struggling, and if you don't have a native speaker around, there's no one help available. This being the most difficult part of learning Spanish, it will make this forum very popular, and more popular than wordreference forums, as they do not allow posting links and this type of questions.