View Single Post
Old February 09, 2009, 07:39 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
Hernan - thank you VERY much for your explanations about llave y clave. It definitely helps.

As for your other request.... I have, at times, attempted to ask questions IN Spanish. And I will continue to do so. But please remember that I am VERY new to learning Spanish. It takes me hours sometimes to put together a simple question for the forum here, and I simply do not have that kind of time always. Besides - when I ask in Spanish, the replies often answer my initial question AND critique the Spanish in the question (as they should), which sometimes is more than my little teeny weeny brain can handle.......

I promise - my use of the language WILL increase (I've even secured a tutor for practicing my conversation ... as of yesterday!) Thank you for your great patience with me!
:-)

Like I stated in a previous reply to another post. If you know how to read, write and express in English, you do not have to re-learn all that in Spanish.

You see, how can I teach you what is a door in Spanish? You already know what a door is in English. Hence, in my little brain, all I can think is that what I have to do is to translate what I already know in English to Spanish.

How?

With a bilingual dictionary. Simple. :-)

It is alright to sound like: mi querer hamburgesa (me want hamburger) because you are going to eat a hamburger in Peru :-)

If after 20 years of living in Peru, you're still asking for food like that. It would seem to me that you are not interested in the Spanish language.

What say you? ;->