View Single Post
Old September 12, 2009, 09:27 AM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
(I was a bilingual teacher for 23 years and a high school Spanish teacher for 7 years. Have been teaching Italian for 4 years now to adults. My home language is Spanish a proposito.)

This is a very interesting topic tal vez the topic that interests me the most. Of course there our differences in Latin American Spanish and the Spanish from Spain but then again you should here the way my relatives from Arkansas speak English. It's just a question of accents and a few words here in there. (The word for all this is dialects.) I speak Italian as well as Spanish. I go back and forth between Spanish and Italian and also French. So those little difference between Spanish from Spain and Latin American Spanish have very little meaning to me. Think about it. When I listen to Italian I understand it and it's another language. So even though my Spanish is Latin American Spanish how would I have trouble understanding Spanish from Spain if I can even understand Italian. Have watched many movies from Spain and listened to many tapes of Spanish speakers from Spain. It's like the difference between American English and English from England. Different but mostly the samething. In fact it's these differences that make Spanish as well as English interesting.

So if you're half-way fluent in Latin American Spanish you would have very little trouble understanding the Spanish from Spain and visa versa. A proposito. It's the Spanish from southern Spain that is more similar to Latin Spanish than the more main stream Spanish from Spain of Madrid.

Last edited by Villa; September 12, 2009 at 08:54 PM.