View Single Post
Old January 20, 2012, 07:23 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Welcome to the forums, Lance!

'Acento' doesn't have two c's in it (nor it is pronounced as if it did).
I corrected your thread title, but will leave it to you to correct the video's title. I assume you typed the narrative that appears in the video. It's lacking several accent marks.

No soy hispanohablante nativo, pero tu acento inglés te traiciona de vez en cuando. He aquí algunos ejemplos:

'ese' ... 'naturaleza' ... 'francesa'
(La 'e' no es un diptongo - 'eh' en vez de 'ei'.)

'todos los días' ... 'capaz de'
(Cuando van seguidas de las consonantes 'b/v', 'd', 'g', 'l', 'm' o 'n', la 's' y la 'z' (en este hemisferio) se pronuncian como la 's' en la palabra inglesa 'is' - todos los días (toh' thoz lohz dee' ahs); capaz de (kah pahz' deh); disgusto (deez goos' toh); isla (eez' lah); pesos mensuales (pehs' ohz mehn ...).)

'desempeñar'
(Pronunciaste la 'e' en negrita como una 'a'.)

'dirigido' ... 'Dejas'
(La 'g' y la 'j' tienen un sonido 'velar fricativo sordo' ('voiceless velar fricative'). No suenan como la 'h' inglesa.)

I noticed other mistakes, but will let the hispanohablantes give their expert opinions.
Good points Rusty!

Also recámara came a bit weird and some others. Intonation and rhythm are still a bit out of order. Just practice and hear yourself, try the same paragraph until you are satisfied (don't be too hard on you), but practice and hear yourself and notice the point you notice you are lacking in your speech.

All in all, you are pretty good, but still have to practice.