View Single Post
Old December 28, 2009, 08:37 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricks View Post
Perikles, do you actually speak Spanish? You always manage to confuse me further lol
Actually, that is why I act the way I do.

Please do not take me wrong. As I really think we have talented and well versed people in the forums in the matter of grammar.

However, I do think that most people do not know their grammar in their own language, and why should they start taking grammar in a foreign language, no less?

So, sometimes just by reading grammar stuff makes people cringe and shy away on whatever effort they put out to "learn" another language.

As far as I know this problem, of not knowing proper grammar, is present in native speakers of each language and most likely is going to persist. Should these people desist in their efforts to learn another language. I know that the ideal would be to learn grammar and speak properly, but what are the odds of that happening?

I am not sure of how to "cure" this, and at the same time I do not want to lose the input that these knowledgeable people have to contribute in the forums.

I hope that more people will be encouraged to speak up their fears and what not when confronted with this "problem"

And maybe we will get more people involved in the forums.