View Single Post
Old May 08, 2010, 02:21 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookami View Post
About the question, I tried to ask if you know the persons the family has... "how is the family formed?" it is bad this way? An answer will be: a couple, parents with a young child, an old lady living alone, etc.
No, we wouldn't ask the question that way. We would probably just say "Do you know anything about your host family?" It's admittedly inadequate and definitely not specific enough. The question-asker might need to add additional questions:
- "Do you know anything about your host family? Is it a single person? A couple? With children? Older? Younger? (Etc...)"

And, no, I don't know yet what the family is like. We are supposed to receive that information soon. I have heard that the families probably live in Belgrano, but might live a little farther and we'd have to take public transportation to the university. I'd love to get a good walk to/from class ... not TOO far, but it would be good for exercise if I had to hike a bit every day.