View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

msmiller36 is on a distinguished road
Using flash games for ESL Teaching

Hey everyone. I'm a bit new here but I wanted to hop right away to asking a question of you all.
I have a new job as an assistant language teacher at a Japanese high school, and I've been looking at ways to diversify my lessons to make them more engaging for the students. Anything electronic is like cat-nip for these kids, and so far my projector based jeopardy games have been one of the more successful tools in class.

A bit of a muse came to me though, and I wondered if I could integrate flash games to help me teach. IE one idea: A game where you had to lead your character around maze-like areas and avoid traps. I think a game like this could teach them things like 'up, down, left, right, upstairs, downstairs, be careful, go straight,' etc. IE they'd tell me where to go and I'd follow their instructions, and then let some of the kids play as well upon queues from their teammates/classmates.

But I wanted to get a sampling of any ideas that you all might have. Can anyone think of any good flash games (and possible corresponding language key points <removed>) that could help inspire these charming little buggers?

Last edited by Tomisimo; June 16, 2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: removed spam