View Single Post
Old January 05, 2010, 02:56 AM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookami View Post
Taking in account your signature laepelba, here you would say "Me encantaba pasar tiempo con vos y tu familia." I think is the only option lefting (creo que es la única opción que queda?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Some corrections. Not all of Latin America uses el voseo. A mí me encanta vosear, pero son pocos los que lo saben por estos lares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookami View Post
Thanks Rusty. Yes I know, with "here" I was referring to my country and I know that laepelba likes Uruguay, there it is used, and there are a lot of Argentinians living and travelling to Ur. with huge frequency (actually, I'm going there in less than a month), so I think it'll be usefull for her.

It's difficult to learn the "voseo"?
Ya sabés con quién practicar si querés.
What in the world are you people talking about!? I thought that vosotros was never used in Latin America? I haven't really been learning it for that reason.

And I specifically do not want to say "you (all)" (in the second person plural), I specifically want to say "with you (singular) and your family". How does "vos" fit into that??

And what in the world is "voseo", I thought that the object pronoun for "vosotros" was "vos" (like "nosotros" and "nos").

What!?