Thread: "dar un beso"
View Single Post
Old June 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCACHiCA View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Yes, as I stated in the beginning, I know it wasn't a genuine "kiss" or regards. It seems that Nicaragua would be the same as the Spain usage.

I guess we do it somewhat in English, but using a rather normal phrase or sentence, only the person that knows the relationship between the people would understand it as genuine regards or as an insult. Is that correct? And is that very common in Spanish to use a normal sentence for insults or just generally mean statements to someone you don't like?
Exactly, you have gave in the nail, when an group to person or only two person knows the relationship between them, it does not important give a salute or kiss of course for telephone, but if you know to the person who you will give the salute as a kiss therefore I don't see the bad in it.

For example if you have a friend in other place and you phone him and when you going to tell him good bye, you can do the change for the phrase I send you a kiss or a cuddle, but it does not mean that you have something in relation with him.

I hope you can understand me.