View Single Post
Old April 24, 2018, 06:16 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Above the box you used to enter your assignment, there is an 'Accents' drop-down box. Click on it and select the Spanish special characters. The selected character will be inserted.

I've marked what needs to be changed in red, with some notes in purple to help you figure out what change to make. Most of the changes are to correct misspelled words, which include those you didn't accent correctly. Select the accented vowels from the 'Accents' drop-down menu when you enter the corrected text.
We'll have another look at your corrected text once you post it.

Always insert a single space after a period ('.').
Quote:
Originally Posted by malafight View Post
En el domingo me levante a las siete y media de la manana.
(Just specify the article in front of a day of the week to convey the notion of 'on'.)

Me dasayune los huevos revueltos y bebi la cafe.
(The verb 'desayunarse' (note the spelling) means 'eat/have breakfast'. Therefore, it doesn't take a direct object. You can introduce the idea that you're eating breakfast with the prepositional phrase 'for breakfast' (the article is needed in the Spanish translation) and then use the verb 'comer', which does take a direct object. By the way, the more colloquial way to say 'drink' is 'tomar' instead of 'beber'.)

Despeus() me fui a la trabajar en tramvia.
(The parentheses indicate where punctuation is needed. The verb 'irse' means 'leave (some place to go to another)'. In your sentence, it's OK to use either 'ir' or 'irse'. The prepositional phrase that follows the verb has the wrong noun. Once corrected, you'll either have an infinitive (functioning as a noun) or a noun with an article. For the latter, you'll also combine the article and the preposition. )

Trabaje hasta la dos de la tarde.

Mas tarde() me fui () comida.
(The first set of parentheses indicates the need for punctuation. The second set indicates that a preposition is missing. The prepositional object is incorrect. In this case, it will be an infinitive, which functions as a noun.)

Volvi de mi casa y teni mi tiempo libre.
(Using 'de' after the verb 'volver' means 'return/come back from'. I believe you meant to say 'return home', since you were at work. Choose the correct preposition, and don't use 'mi'. The word 'tení' doesn't exist. 'Tener' is irregular in the preterit tense. Don't use 'mi'.)

Por la tarde() mi madre preparó la cena y yo () ayude.
(The parentheses indicate a need for punctuation. There's no need for the subject pronoun, since the ending of the verb conveys the first person. You should add a direct object pronoun (the translation of 'her') where the second set of parentheses appears.)

A las diez() yo fui a dormir.
(There is missing punctuation and there's no need for the subject pronoun.)