View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 06:42 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
I hope that this isn't taken the wrong way, but the original question was "how did you do it?" I'm sure that Fran has heard lots of great suggestions, and of course, "immersion" must be the best way for someone to truly learn a new language, if that option is available....

But, pjt and Poli - your answers were "what one should do to learn a language". I'd actually be VERY curious as to how YOU both learned your Spanish. What prompted you to start learning Spanish? What were your initial attempts at learning it? Where were you in your learning after about a year or two of progress? What did YOU find most helpful?

Again, I don't mean to be contrary. But I have heard many times in this forum "one should" and "the best thing is immersion". Yup. Got it. I understand. But I like to hear actual stories from different individuals about how THEY learned, personally......
I'd like know if you have said it for me and also it respect the commentary that you have made here, but I believe that every commentary is welcome to this place, now, I agree with Poli's answer refer. How can he learn the language..

But anyhow I believe that each person has different way to think in the sense of the as you should learn the language, really the method easier is learn each new word and later write them in any place for example here, or out to here, really the decision is the same person.

I'd like to know your commentaries about that....

Last edited by CrOtALiTo; November 24, 2009 at 06:47 PM.