View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013, 12:23 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!
In this forum, we mark what is wrong and will sometimes give hints as to how to correct the errors, but we don't do the work for you.

The kind of writing you're trying to do, where each sentence starts with a letter that names the holiday you chose, is called an acrostic.

(I corrected your English outright so those who are learning the language won't be confused.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySonDad View Post
Okay, I'm just starting Spanish, but we have some homework we're supposed to be working on and I kinda need help. I need help with correcting my grammatical problems and things like that. Yeah. So, we had to make an acrostic about what we did on a holiday a holiday, so, yeah, here's what I did. By the way, for the holiday I chose I had to use a 'w', so I just wrote Willy Wonka.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hacíamos muchas cosas como (missing the article) truco o trato y va a la casas embrujadas. (conjugate the verb 'ir' in the same tense and person you used for the verb 'hacer')

Abrían sus puertas y danos dulces para comer después de terminamos. Again, your first verb is conjugated into the right person and tense but the second is not. The indirect object pronoun needs to precede the verb instead of being suffixed.

Leíamos los palabras a las lápidas cada año. (use another preposition - 'on' is not translated as 'a')

Llorabamos nuestros fundas de almohadas con los dulces de nuestros vecinos. (The opening verb isn't what you wanted to write. Watch agreement.)

Otro niños corrían (alrededor de) los calles porque era muy entusiasmado. (watch agreement)

Willy wonka hace dulces (missing conjunction and article) personas compran para dar a los niños a las
h
alloween. (on/for, but not 'to' Halloween - check article) (There's a Spanish phrase for Halloween if you'd rather use that instead of the borrowed English word. )

Empezar nuestra búsqueda a las siete y media y terminala a las ocho y media. The first verb needs to be conjugated. The second should be conjugated equally (match person and tense). The direct object pronoun should precede the verb instead of being suffixed to it.

Evitabamos los gatos negros por que (ellos) eran mal suerte.

Nunca ibamos a una casa si los luces eran apartado porque ellos no tuve dulces. (You were talking about a house in the primary clause but abruptly switched to another subject in the secondary. Perhaps you could state who the new subject is and conjugate the verb for that person.)

If you don't understand what I'm trying to say in a sentence, just ask.