View Single Post
Old March 02, 2007, 09:21 PM
Opal

Native Language: english
fullbite is on a distinguished road
home study

Thanks for the replies.I hear what you are saying. I have been immersing myself in it. I guess Im kind of lucky in the aspect that I have a clear cut starting point and can build from there.What I mean is I basically say and ask alot of the same things all day during work. So when I arrive at a spanish speaking residence its the same thing. Ofcourse I always have different dialogues that branch off during investigations. I then leave the spanish speaking residences with new ideas on how I want to expand my vocabulary.I went on two calls tonight that were spanish speaking households. One of them was a man from Mexico. He was standing in his driveway ignoring me when I pulled up.I waited and nothing happened . I rolled down my window and said "Venga aqui". He turned his head so fast I thought he broke his neck. I went into the usual ( in spanish)who owns it, the neighbor called and said this, you must do this,you got to get this, I need this etc... I think he enjoyed the whole experience actually.He didnt get a ticket either. The other was a man from El Salvador. I ve talked to him before. He's a real nice guy. The complaint was unfounded but while I was there I ran some spanish phrases by him. He suggested another word for me to use. SO I am very fired up about learning the language and I fotunately get to use it on a regular basis.