Thread: [Other] Japanese
View Single Post
Old April 12, 2010, 11:41 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: EspaƱol(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
I have started to study Japanese (I've left it in the closet for manyyyy months) in a different manner: I'm just learning kanjis. I think that's a good way to start. After you know the 2.000 more common Kanjis, in one or two months you learn some grammar and vocabulary and you can start immersing through readings, movies, videos, books, newspapers and all that. (without knowing kanji is really difficult or almost impossible)

Yes, they have many levels of politeness and we, Spanish speakers, are used to use only one, so in that way is easier. About the pronunciation, for Spanish speakers it's almost the same, we don't have any problem with Japanese.

But you are right, for us (En, and Sp) Japanese vocabulary, politeness, culture, Kanji language, etc, is not very accesible and familiar, so that makes the wall we want to surpass bigger.

Without a good grammar book it will be difficult. If you have one, it's patience and perseverance.