View Single Post
Old October 09, 2011, 10:45 PM
Opal

rasmus1504 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It's correct. What, specifically, did you have a question about? Are you confused about the mixed object pronouns? If so, the verb pasar can take both a direct and an indirect object. The direct object is not being used in your sentence, but the indirect object is. The verb molestar takes only a direct object, the way it's used in your sentence, so a direct object pronoun is expected. (That said, some people would still use an indirect object pronoun.) The personal 'a' after the verb is required when the direct object is a person.

The thread title differs from the sentence you wrote in your post. Both are correct, but the first use of the word que needs an accent (not in the title sentence, but in the post). The two sentences mean slightly different things.
I was also given the senctence in Danish. In English I guess it would be: I don't know what's happening with Elena, but I don't want her to be bothering you.

Yes, I think I'm confused about the object pronouns. I thought they were only being used to replace a person/thing/etc, but I don't see what that is in this particular case?