View Single Post
Old February 04, 2011, 09:08 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Awaken is on a distinguished road
Since Angelica did all the hard work for Spanish, I guess I could do some counting for English. Can someone check my counts and syllable separations? I have lots of distractions around me, so I make no promises.

1. To mí si mo is a comm un i ty where you can get help with Span ish and conn ect with oth er Span ish learn ers and Span ish spea kers. (20 words) (33 syllables)

2. To mí si mo is an En glish Span ish, Span ish En glish Dic tion a ry that makes find ing words eas y by au to mat ic all y search ing in both lan guag es. To mí si mo is an acc ur ate de scrip tion of this proj ect, which aims to pro vide an un a bridged, bi lin gual dic tion ar y for the En glish and Span ish lan guag es. I sin cere ly hope that this dic tion ar y can be a u nique and use ful on line re source for learn ers of both Span ish and En glish. (62 words) (114 syllables)

3. The Arc tic cold front comp lic at ed clean up eff orts and spurred freeze warn ings that spanned much of the na tion's mid sec tion. (18 words) (28 syllables)

Quick Summary:

1. Spanish - 21 words, 46 syllables
English - 20 words, 33 syllables
39% more syllables

2. Spanish - 59 words, 153 syllables
English - 62 words, 114 syllables
34% more syllables

3. Spanish - 18 words, 36 syllables
English - 18 words, 28 syllables
29% more syllables

Average: 34%

Last edited by Awaken; February 04, 2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Summary Update