View Single Post
Old May 15, 2017, 09:09 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
I've made some notes regarding what I think is wrong, (and comments to suggest how to fix it), as well as something that may be okay (but there are alternatives that may or may not be better.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random--one View Post
" Me gusta jugar videojuegos, leer y ver la televisión. Pero en el futuro quiero estudiaré (You have written two conjugated verbs in a row, but this is not allowed in Spanish. When another verb follows a form of querer, the other verb must be an infinitive.) desarrollo de juegos (I think it's better to use a definite article with the first word.) sobre Estocolmo Universidad("en la Universidad de Estocolmo") y porque (This word means "because". You need a different expression to mean "therefor" (or "therefore", which has a similar but not identical meaning).) estudio un montón en lugar ("En lugar" by itself is not Spanish. The expression is en lugar de X = "instead of <something>".. "

= " I like to play video games, read and watch tv. But in the future I want to study game development on Stockholms University ("at Stockholm University") and therefor (= "for the aforementioned", or therefore = "as a consequence".) I study a lot instead. "

I'm really struggling with this (especially the second sentence) Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
(And this is Spanish for Spain )

Last edited by wrholt; May 15, 2017 at 09:14 PM.