View Single Post
Old May 08, 2008, 02:51 PM
SeƱor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosia View Post
Thanks for the corrections, Rusty.
I wanted to say "en tres direcciones" meaning they translate it in three different ways and then compare.
"At three different stages"/"a tres niveles" sound like it translate it, then translate the translated and so on.
How can you say that?
saludos
Three different ways is what I was going to say, but that can be understood as each way being a complete task (like you can choose which of the three you'll use). If we say stages, it is clear that each of the three ways will be employed to complete the translation task. So, the word-for-word translation is fed into the text translation tool, and its output is fed into the conversation tool, which finishes up the translation. I figure that no one of the tools is a stand-alone device and that each product's output would be used somehow to create the final translation. If I've misunderstood how the tools work together, it is because there wasn't enough information in the article for me to get a clear understanding.

I hope their product works well, because the machine translatons we have now are extremely limited.

Last edited by Rusty; May 08, 2008 at 02:55 PM.