View Single Post
Old August 29, 2013, 06:11 AM
Pearl

Native Language: German
tetsuo is on a distinguished road
Depends on the language you know (mother tongue) and those who are in use - foreign languages - you know.

If you know English very well you should find languages with the same roots as English. Or very high similarity in words like Spanish. Possible, posible, impossible, imposible,... From that you can start learning every romanic language you'd like because they are similarities in French, Portuguese (Brazilian and Portugal), Italian, Romanic, Latinamerican Spanish. If you're German and know English you could start with Dutch (both languages influenced the Dutch language), but also start learning Romanic languages as well.

I am just curious and I really don't know if I'll ever manage to learn all the language but I'd like to learn (at least the basic) with maybe a A2 level (European framework for languages) in:
Spanish / latinamerican, too
Portuguese / Brazilian
French
Italian

Just for the fun of it and to keep my brain working I'd like to check in at:
Polish
Russian
Japanese (I already checked but it was weird... a weird and hard time for me, too... will check later again...)

For people with good English knowledge I'd recommend the app Duolingo, which is completely free and awesome. You can learn German, Spanish, French, Italian,... more languages are coming sooner or later.