View Single Post
Old July 22, 2014, 01:26 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Dutch / holandés
Manuel is on a distinguished road
I know how you feel, I also like to have everything right now, but unfortunately that's not how life works. Remember, though, anything that's really worth having requires a lot of time and effort. That's what MAKES it worth having! The fact that you had to put in a lot of time and effort means that you have achieved something that not everyone else has, BECAUSE it took all that time and effort (which not everyone will want to expend, therefore they can't do what you CAN.)

You have to be very careful with this "wanting something for nothing" attitude. The only things you can have "right now" are things that don't require a lot of effort. But the things that are really meaningful in your life WILL require time and effort and that's ok. The biggest problem is not that things require time and effort and may be difficult; it's that people don't WANT it to be difficult! But here's the thing most people don't realize: as soon as you ACCEPT that it will require time and be difficult, it no longer matters. Because then you will simply succumb to the fact that it will be hard work and start DOING the work without complaining and that's when you get off the fence and go down the road and start achieving.

So just realize that yes, it will be hard work, and you will need to put in the time and effort, but if you just ACCEPT that and work WITH it instead of fighting it you will improve every day and you can also have FUN while learning! Just because it requires effort doesn't mean you can't have fun while learning.

I highly recommend you practice speaking with someone, whether online, through email or in person, because then you have a REASON for learning everything you're learning. A place to put everything into practice. Because if you just learn a bunch of things without using it in conversation with people it's very easy to lose motivation, but when you have a place where you can use everything you learn you will be much more motivated to learn new things.

I'd be happy to talk with you in Spanish through email, if you like. I'm half Spanish myself, not a native speaker, though, but I could start you off, if you want. Or find yourself a native Spanish speaker if you prefer, plenty of people to find here, I'm sure! Just let me know.