View Single Post
Old June 10, 2015, 05:34 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
temjam99 is on a distinguished road
One final thing before I hand it in, this particular section,

"Miró a su alrededor y vio a dos niñas y un niño de pie detrás de ella. Todos tenían una expresión extraña en su rostro, al igual que ellos, no sabía si reír o estar extremadamente alarmada""

You mentioned that it was the girl who didn't know what to do, but in fact I am trying to refer to the group of people around her. They "had an expression on their faces like they didn't know whether to laugh or to cry"....It is the group of people around her who are surprised and startled, of course she is too, but in this sentence it is them that I refer to. And I have just realised my mistake It should be....

"Miró a su alrededor y vio a dos niñas y un niño de pie detrás de ella. Todos tenían una expresión extraña en sus rostros, al igual que ellos no sabían si reír o estar extremadamente alarmada"....

Or better yet....

"Miró a su alrededor y vio a dos niñas y un niño de pie detrás de ella. Todos tenían una expresión extraña en sus rostros, como si no sabían si reír o estar extremadamente alarmada"(Como seems to fit much better here than al igual?)

Is that correct?

Last edited by temjam99; June 10, 2015 at 05:39 AM.