View Single Post
Old April 07, 2009, 09:26 AM
Emerald

Native Language: American English
Fazor is on a distinguished road
Our school started offering foreign language classes in seventh grade, and I chose Spanish. Our 7th and 8th grade Spanish was actually just the first-year (Freshman) Spanish class from high-school spread out over two years, so you could learn at a slower pace.

Anyway, I stuck with it all through high school, giving me 6 years of instruction. Then in college, after going to an art school for a year, I transferred back to a traditional school. There, I needed some language classes for my major, so I went back with Spanish. I think I had about two or three more classes in college.

Yet I never really got tenses down. Now, five or so years after all that, I decided I wanted to try again. This time around it all seems to be coming easier to me. I don't know if it's because it's, well, the second time around . . . or if it's because this time I'm learning as a hobby rather than something I have to do.

Now, that's not to say I'm the master conjugator, or that I'm great with the other parts of the language. I have a lot to learn. But it does seem to be sinking in finally. This site certainly helps with that.

So I guess if I had to sum up my technique, I'd say it's been a slow, long process. Heh.