View Single Post
Old February 08, 2009, 06:56 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
Not convoluted. Thanks for the help. I especially appreciate the distinctions between por y para. That's what I'm trying to study right now.

Another question for you, Hernan - can you help me distinguish between "clave" and "llave"? See my previous post - is it more like the difference between a tangible object and an idea?

Thanks!
no problem...

However, I would like to see that you write in spanish and I reply in english or spanish. I am not sure how this is taken in these forums...

Maybe, we can ask for a spanish only forum, so the people interested in spanish can expose their ideas etc...and the same thing in english. :-)

In english first:

Key, used to open a door, unlock it etc. also as a clue to a puzzle (unlock a puzzle), also Clef in music.

Llave, used in music, to open a door and also to unlock a puzzle or problem.

Clave, only to unlock a puzzle or password

I hope it helps.

And don't forget, please ask in spanish. I would like to know where you are at with spanish, because if you are half as proficient as you are in English, you should be using a Spanish-Spanish dictionary first, in order to look for definitions. If you are still stuck then you should resort to a bilingual dictionary. :-)

The same thing goes for the rest of the people. And if english is the target language, then reverse the usage of the dictionaries. ;->

Hernan