View Single Post
Old February 13, 2009, 06:58 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
I must be getting old... when I read your post my first thought was "and younger Spanish speakers don't know what "osezno" is either"... ;D
As you can see, my spanish accent bleeds through my writing. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
But you are right... didactic material for children are great tools for learning.
Nowadays I cannot find any of that in the Supermarkets, lots of coloring and "activities" book (more coloring) and that's it.

Hernan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
So, Hernan & Angelica - where/what/how would be a good place to start with such learning. I tried downloading some children's stories in Spanish as podcasts, but can't follow the listening very well (at this point in my espaƱol anyway). I guess I'm not ready yet.
I am going to check the Internet and tell you. However, I would try tools like word puzzles, like I did, it makes you look in the dictionary. You know you have to bleed, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
BUT ... I am definitely an advocate of revisiting the children's classics - even in your own native language. I try to read a children's classic every once in a while (because I DIDN'T do so when I was a child) - and am always SO glad that I've done so....

Any recommendations are always greatly appreciated!
In the case of children's classics, or adult for that matter, try in Spanish, one that you already read and loved the most.

Last edited by Rusty; February 13, 2009 at 08:57 AM.