View Single Post
Old December 21, 2009, 07:00 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvalle98 View Post
Well, we can create a debate on this. Don't you think that in order to have more privileges with PM's, new users will start making fluffy, non-relevant topics and threads? Isn't that spamming?

But when I get to that number, then I don't have to wait 8 hours. What I dislike is that I can't find anywhere where it says that I have to wait 8 hours until I need to send a PM. It's ok if I see that I have PMing disabled and being warned before, but to have the functionality but limited?
My guess is that if we discuss it much more, your post count will be high enough to make it irrelevant. I agree though, 8 hours seems excessive. I would have thought that,say, 30 mins or 1 hour would be enough to deter a spammer.

BTW, I agree with the complaint about lack of info - I joined a forum not long ago where there was no PM facility at all, or so I thought, where I needed to PM a moderator. The facility appeared after 100 posts, but I had no idea it would. I was also baffled that my first posts took hours actually to appear, and I didn't know that newbie posts were always sent for moderator approval first. There seems to be a general absence of welcoming info for a newbie on any forum, and this forum here seems better than most.