View Single Post
Old June 08, 2017, 07:38 PM
Opal

Lbmoye is on a distinguished road
Smile I work in a restaurant with Hispanic coworkers

Hey everyone! I work in a small restaurant as a waitress and work with a woman named Mrs. Marta. Mrs. Marta is our dishwasher and speaks Spanish, and I believe Shen may speak very limited English. I always try to use my best manners when speaking to all of my coworkers, and wouldn't want to treat her differently due to a language barrier. So my issue is that when I have to communicate specific things to her, I would like to treat her with the same amount of respect as my other coworkers when saying things such as "Excuse me" (when walking past her), or "Thank you" or "please", by speaking in her first language. I'd also like to specifically learn to ask "Would you please wash the silverware now?" (Very politely) Because currently, we simply hand her the silverware without a word. Lastly, I understand the simple "gracias", however, I refer to my older coworkers as "Mrs." and "Mr.", and im not sure how to say "Mrs" is Spanish. Thank you everyone! I'm truly coming from a place of ignorance and would love to expand my understanding on this subject!