View Single Post
Old April 05, 2010, 03:20 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Castillan spanish
explorator is on a distinguished road
To sumarize, I'd like to say that in most parts of Spain we are able to use the sounds (s) and (th), although in some parts of Andalusia, there are some people who pronounce always the sound (th) where they should pronounce (s), getting a very caracteistic and funy speech. Also in some parts of Andalusia and in the Canary Islands (where they speak a dialect almost identical to the Caribean Spanish),some people pronounce the sound (s) where they should pronounce (th), as in the American Spanish. From my point of view, the main problem of this are the speelling mistakes. Because as all the words containing the combination of letters ce, ci, cy ,za, ze, zi, zo, zu, zy, sa, se, si, so, su, sy, are pronounced (sa, se, si, so, su), sometimes we can read, mainly in American Spanish, texts whith this kind of speelling mistakes very unusual in Spain.

PS:
I'd like to include among the best pronouncers of the Casitillan Spanish to the Valencian Spanish speakers. Although Valencia has got a vernacular tongue: the Valencian, mainly spoken at the coast, the inner lands are mostly Castillan speakers, and they speak such a good Spanish that the most important dubbing actors in Spain are Valencian (eg: Ramón Langa or José Sancho).

Last edited by explorator; April 05, 2010 at 03:37 AM.