View Single Post
Old December 07, 2010, 04:42 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
It may be your style, but a question mark is not preceded by a space.
- Where are you from ?
I’m from Virginia, in America. ('in the United States' might be said instead)
- Do you love to travel ?
Yes, I really enjoy traveling a lot, especially with my friends or my family. It’s interesting to visit new countries and make new friends from all over the world.
- Which countries have you visited so far?
Spain, Mexico, Puerto Rico, France and Australia
- Which ones were your favourites?
Mexico, it’s really an really amazing country. It impressed me.
- Did you experienced any problems with culture shock in any country ? If you experienced any trouble, what was it?
Not at all, we enjoyed our time in each trip.
- What are the activities that you usually do when you travel ? (visit museum, parks, beach, tour guide in the city, etc..)
When I travel I really like to visit museums. I try to visit the most interesting places. I like to take photos of the most beautiful gardens or buildings. I especially liked the beaches of Puerto Rico; the water was incredibly crystalline (crystal clear).
- What do you prefer, cold or warm weather ?
Hot weather without any doubt. I like to enjoy a day of sunshine day. (I enjoy a sunshiny day.)
- Do you like the beach and sunbathing, or do you prefer a cold weather? Do you enjoy having a picnic and visiting rural places ?
I like both, especially if the beach is like the ones that you can find in Puerto Rico.
- How many languages do you speak ?
English, and I’m learning Spanish.
- Do you like learning other languages ?
Yes, but it’s quite hard and you must read a lot and be very tenacious. (dedicated)
- Do you travel alone or do you like to traveling with a companion ?
I love to travel with my friends. I will not enjoy a trip as much if I travel alone.
- Do you live in your home town or are you are living in another country ?
At the moment, I’m living in Spain. I’m planning to remain here for some time. (many years)
- How much time did you need to adapt to the customs of the new country where you are living ?
It wasn't a big change. The main problem was to learn a new language.
- Did you find it easy to meet new friends in other countries ?
Yes, people are usually very kind and friendly. I did not have any problems. I’m also very sociable and cheerful.
- What was the most shocking/absurd/disturbing dish that you have eaten ? Do you remember the name of the dish ? Can you tell me more or less how it was made ?
I remember that I tasted a really disgusting dish called “callos”, was made of beef tripes and cow’s nose. The dish was tasty anyway.
- What do you think of this country ?
It has a wonderful new culture to get to know. The tasty Spanish food, their love of the outdoors, Spanish films, fine wine, fine ham and friendly people.
- Do you like the weather in Spain ?
Yes, it’s warm and very agreeable in the summer and not very cold in the winter.
- Is there any dish that you find really tasty here ?
Yes, I really enjoy Spanish food. I especially like Pisto, Torrijas and Gazpacho, among others.
- Was it easy for you to make friends here ?
Yes, I have made a lot of friends, and now my skills in Spanish are better.
Corrections/suggestions above.