View Single Post
Old April 01, 2011, 05:14 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
I prefer subtitles though some movies with extremely complex and fast dialogues are welcome if dubbed using talented actors (I remember first time I saw Citizen Kane. The person who made the subtitles didn't let any subtlety to be lost ... Gee!! I didn't be able to recall the faces of the actors)

Here the tendency is to dubbing, some American Spanish wishy washy sort of neutral thing with a shallow common vocabulary. No matter I would like to watch Entourage with subtitles including all profanities in porteƱo, that won't happen, as publics are small and the more demanding in quality a person is, the more that person is part of a small public and the less that person is responsive to bad screenplays, stale plots, naked skin and compulsive advertisement. So, in a time of aurea mediocritas being every day less aurea and more mediocritas, what caught 60% of the potential public is OK and here that doesn't use to include original sound with subtitles, voice-overs Russian-style, or local language -European Spanish the most resisted-.