View Single Post
Old September 05, 2013, 06:25 PM
Pearl

Native Language: German
tetsuo is on a distinguished road
How do you know? And, if I read them "better", will they be more entries?

And it's no offend, but you're not writing something new and you say, like it works for everyone. And I can say for it doesn't. Or to be more precise it works maybe for everyone but not alone this method will bring everyone else to the point you were after you finished translating the novel, because they are different types of learning method and I can say for myself and I need grammar stuff, just because I love to write and need to know what's behind the sentence structure, and I also need pictures, voices,... everything. With combining all those methods I am closer to learning like I did as a child with my native language than everything else. Did you get all the knowledge of your native language because you did translate a novel at first before you could even speak? No, eventually you were with your parents, relatives, friends and ask like every child what's this or that. But because I am not a child anymore nor do I live close to someone who speaks fluently Spanish, I need to build up a fake environment as close as possible to the natural one I lived in as a child.

There's no one I can ask for what "book", "cupboard", "wardrobe", "map", "shoe", "shower",... etc means, so I build something for me that's close and I extended this natural version and add useful sentences to the word I am sure I need some time in the future. And I am learning Spanish faster than I learned English.