View Single Post
Old April 18, 2016, 03:39 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooka View Post
1. Don't understand your hint - His or her?
You translated "If you seem we will try it, but i am sure of your response", so I said the translation was "his"/"her" (depending on the character's genre) instead of "your", and "reply" instead of "response".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooka View Post
I am encountering so many difficult sentences in my Spanish comic book. Every page has a sentence that I don't understand, even if I know what the words mean.

I have about 10 more, and I'm starting to think that I might just need to talk to a teacher.

Necesito un maestro. ¿Estamos de acuerdo?

What do you suggest?

I agree with Rusty. I will just add that the problem with comics, TV shows, newspapers, etc., is that they're full of idioms and colloquialisms that native speakers usually find obvious.

But even though you might need a formal course of Spanish, that doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'll understand so many set phrases and colloquial expressions immediately. It's a matter of getting used to the language and learning those constructions the way you're finding them, one by one. Patience and work are the only things that make people learn a language.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; April 18, 2016 at 03:56 PM.