Thread: [Other] Japanese
View Single Post
Old August 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: EspaƱol(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
But if you start learning Katakana, when you know it, you can only start reading and writing some objects/places/names,... vocabulary.
If you learn Hiragana, you can start learning the grammar, making sentences and reading almost all things. The difficulty is the same because we are talking about memorizing symbols and not the vocabulary.
Iif we think about it, you can learn the two at the same time making some more effort. They are very alike. After that you start learning grammar and eventually, when you want, learn some kanjis.

-----------

I don't recomend starting learning kanji by studying the useful ones. There are Grades for learning kanjis (as japanese teach them in school and highschool) Grade I, II, etc. If you study them in order I belive is better because more complex kanjis (that are popular ones too) use simplier ones in their composition, so if you know the easyest kanjis, the other are easier.

And the grades are well think, in Grade I you learn for example: tree, wood, air, fire, water, moon, sun, mounth, day, gold, left, right, up, under, in, out, big, small, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 100, 1000, 10000, etc.