View Single Post
Old May 01, 2013, 10:40 AM
Pearl

Native Language: English
Aprendo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
I'm sure you know that in conducting simple transactons, few words are needed, but if in your conversations you come across something you don't understand, forums can help. In Latin America, there is often an English speaker who can help you if you have some trouble, but if your purpose is to learn Spanish, that's not the best option. If you can find someone to speak Spanish with, of course it will be most helpful. Enjoy your stay.
Cheers, Poli.

I've been living overseas for about 12-13 years. I'm used to being in foreign environments.

As its known, my grammar is very weak and I am trying to improve my grammar and use it correctly, function by function. (Rusty helped me in the grammar section here).

A very serious goal of mine is to improve my Spanish.

I have looked into Spanish schools, but they are pricey (for me).

I will implement a self-study plan and then practice every day.

I will also do some language exchanges. If two partners do it correctly it can help.

I always carry my vocab mini-notebook in my pocket.

I'll need to focus on improving and not just leaning on what I know and what is easy. (That is a common error many self-study and self-practicers make, IMO).

I am watching Spanish "V Me" channel, "Fox Mundo" and some of the Univison newscasts every day for about 2 hours and sometimes more.

The vocab I acquired 20-25 years ago is still in my head and it comes out.