View Single Post
Old January 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera View Post
Do you think that television programs, movies and video games influence young people’s behavior?

I do agree with the opinion that movies and television influence the (omit) public believes (spelling) and behavior, particularly in the case of young people. In many ways, movies presents (watch agreement) a particular point of view of/about how we have to live. For example, in many movies the main character has to solve a life problem, and through his story the plot tells us what are the good actitude (spelling and watch agreement) which lead to a positive outcome, and also what are (missing an article) bad choices in live (spelling). Every movie tells a story, and every story carries a moral message; so in an unconscious (wrong word) level we are "learning" ways to understand and deal with reality.
What happens then with violent movies? Many people may think that the theory I have just explained cannot be true because if it were, young people consuming (wrong word) violent movies would be all (switch these) criminals. Fortunately, most of the people are able to filter ('filter out' is better) this violence and do not exhibit a violent behavior. However, in an unconscious (wrong word) level, violent movies shows (watch agreement) us that what matters is to be strong and brave, which actually is (switch these) a moral message.
Video games are even more influential than movies because the player participates directly in the development of the plot. Sometimes this (agreement) plots can be very violent and they can also propouse inmoral (spelling and there's a better first word) behaviors, what (wrong word) is even worse. For instance, I remember reading about a video game in which the player was a (spelling) inquisition oficial (spelling) and his duty was to torture prisioners (spelling). Not all the games are as twisted as this one, but they are usually very violent. As I said before, most of the people do not reproduce (wrong word) these violent behaviors, but from time to time we find out in the news about a young student who shoot (watch agreement) their classmates...
For all these reasons, I think we should support movies and television programs which carry good, positive messages.
Corrections and hints given above.