View Single Post
Old October 23, 2010, 04:14 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie View Post
I agree with you OP, especially on your last advice.
Whenever I've tried memorizing ANYTHING, and put an effort on memorizing it, it usually works on reverse. But when I understand something and move on it's most likely I'm gonna remember it.

Also, can you recommend a few bands to listen?
I'm interested in Rock/Metal/Jazz/Funk/Fusion but also in Latin/Salsa/Flamenco etc.
edit:Seems like OP hasn't been online in 2 years :-(
Casually that can be understanding for everyone, really when you can't memorize all the wrote before, it's for the method used in the writing, so I can see a long text and it tend to be hard to memorize for the long phrase.

Now when I'm mentalist myself in learn something else, I try to find the word and write it in some kind personal list, I have said that before and I have took note of all the leant the same day, and when I need to remember the same word, I'm going to my personal notebook, when I have wrote all my translations before, so I can remind the phrase again, you can't find against your own brain because sometimes that tend to be a lot of information, inclusive in my work when I'm learning some new for me, something unknown for me, I mean, I'm computer engineer and my work is very technical, and the books about informatics and server likely coming up wrote in English, then as I don't know technical English, I can't read very well all the book and sometimes I have doubts about my information gotten in the books.

Then I believe the amount isn't important, the important here in the this moment is the quality with you are learning the language.

You don't need to write a long text for lean new words or practice more your skills not I don't think so, I think that you can achieve more with your reading and your practice speaking with someone who speak the language that you are leaning.

Sincerely yours.