View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 12:22 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
There is no "easiest" accent to learn. You will just adapt to the one in which you'll be immersed. Choose the place or the school that will raise the most enthusiasm in you. If you start unprejudiced, you'll learn much more and learning will be felt much easier.
I agree with you más o menos Angelica but I have seen English speakers learn to loose their English accent better by learning to speak Spanish with Spanish speakers who speak with some kind of a very pronounced Spanish speaking accent such as people from Argentina, Cuba and even Mexico. I've also seen the same thing with people who learn English from people who have a definite thick accent such as English speakers from southern United States. I was on the beach one time in Italy and this young German girl came up to me and was speaking English to me with a very pronounced southern South Carolina accent that I knew about because my room mate was from South Carolina. She said her English teacher was from South Carolina. She did not speak with a German accent that she might have had if she had learned English with somebody with a neutral American English accent. (Whatever that is. Possibly the English from California.)
Also a while back somebody posted a video of an American/U.S. speaking with a perfect Argentina accent. He said people always think he is from Argentina even though he is a native English speaker. I had some Arab speaking neighbors who spoke Spanish very well. The wife sounded just like she was from Cuba. Naturally she learned Spanish
from Cubans.

Last edited by Villa; August 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM.