View Single Post
Old August 15, 2016, 05:44 PM
Opal

el elyon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
The problem Lee is that Spanish has a lot of different values for "adapt or perish". I mean, "adapt" is a verb, it's its imperative, it's a suggestion, it's defiance, which translates differently in Spanish. There's also localization. If I say in English "Hating Hard Yakka" you may absolutely understand or you may not at all. The same happens in Spanish. So you should chose what country's Spanish, what language level -educated, colloquial, slang-, and how do you want to address the message, as impersonal, aggressive, like the suffering sheep or what.

Tattoos are too expensive to remove. You should think that you are planning to use yourself as a message board but you are in fact outsourcing the creation of the message in a language you don't understand .... risky to say the least!
Very risky indeed. I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm keen to learn more spanish, enough for it to be a fluent second language (hopefully). I love the language, hence the tattoo in spanish etc.

So how would an individual say 'shape up or ship out' in spanish?

Lee.