View Single Post
Old February 15, 2010, 02:42 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Good job. You caught the mistake made in the first sentence, and correctly translated it.
The verb burlarse is categorized as pronominal, which just means it has a pronoun. How it is used wasn't mentioned. Pronominal verbs fall into three categories: reflexive, reciprocal, and idiomatic pronominal

Burlarse is reflexive. That means the person and pronoun agree: (Yo) me burlo, (Tú) te burlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Sorry, 'burlarse' is not reflexive, just pronominal.

Yo me burlo a mí misma.

You can use 'burlar' as a pronominal verb or not:

El gato burló al perro y se subió a un árbol (transitivo = el gato esquivó al perro).
Tu te burlas de mi gato (pronominal -Bob, that's for you ).
Pienso que me beneficiaría si aprendo los tipos de que Rusty habla.

Significa pronominal cuando el verbo tiene SE
Pronominal Burlarse
No pronominal Burlar

1. Sé que reflexivo es así
Me lavo

2. Verbo recíproco
Nos ayudamos
Ellos se hablamos

3. Verbos idiomáticos pronominales
LOs verbos que cambian cuando están pronominales o no.
Quote:
abonar - to pay abonarse - to subscribe abrir - to open abrirse - to open up, confide in acabar - to finish acabarse - to run out of acordar - to agree, decide acordarse - to remember acusar - to accuse acusarse - to confess alegrar - to cheer up alegrarse - to be happy arreglar - to repair, fix arreglarse - to get ready burlar - to deceive, thwart burlarse - to joke caer - to fall caerse - to drop colocar - to put, place colocarse - to stand or sit conducir - to drive conducirse - to behave dormir - to sleep dormirse - to fall asleep enojar - to anger enojarse - to get angry hacer - to do, make hacerse - to become ir - to go irse - to leave, go away lastimar - to hurt lastimarse - to complain levantar - to lift, raise levantarse - to get up llamar - to call llamarse - to be called/named llevar - to carry llevarse - to take away negar - to deny negarse - to refuse poner - to put ponerse - to put on, wear probar - to test, prove probarse - to try on quitar - to take off/away quitarse - to go away salir - to leave salirse - to escape, leak sorprender - to surprise sorprenderse - to be surprised volver - to (re)turn volverse - to turn around, to become
Así es difícil para escribir