View Single Post
Old December 06, 2011, 05:43 PM
Opal

LatinLover56 is on a distinguished road
Will French Help my Spanish?

Hello fellow members,

My name is Patrick and I am from the USA. I am currently living in Ghana, West Africa on business. I will be here for the next 2 years. I had originally started studying Spanish in the UK at a certain language institute on the outskirts of London. These people were very professional and even brought in actually Spanish speakers from Europe and Latin America to teach. I was really getting into but had to travel to Africa prematurely on business. Since I haven't been back to continue my Spanish course but I figured I could continue when I get back to the USA. but that wouldn't be until 1 year from now. Anyway I tried looking for a language school in Ghana but they don't have any decent school. Most are poorly run and don't have the right staff to help with learning. Tehre is only one decent language school and its the Alliance Francaise but unfortunately they only teach french (As the name suggests). I have thought about joining to learn the french language because I think it's a beautiful language but I am worried about french having a negative impact on my future Spanish learning. I wouldn't mind learning french for an extra but I LOVE SPANISH... Should I enroll in French in the mean time until I can get back to the USA and pick a good school for spanish?

Ps almost forgot to add I will move to Spain in 2 years So I could completely immerse myself.