View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 07:39 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
1) & 2) Yes and no. I thought "get to" here meant to arrive. (?)
As Hernán said, "asistir" is "to attend". There is a difference in trying to get there and just not going... Or if you arrived late, you did attend.
3) I don't know!
Unless "your meeting" is a more general way to say "a meeting (any)", I don't see the point on changing "tu" for "a la".
Btw... can "meeting" mean both a group of friends having a nice time and a business group of people?
If it is so, "tu reunión" would be used for the group of friends (you're organising it) and "la reunión" would be used for the business people (more neutral).
1) I suppose ... I would never ever consider saying "I arrived at your meeting". I either attended (late or no) or I didn't attend. Or I "was at" a meeting. Is "llegar" commonly used in regard to a reunión in Spanish? As I consider this, I would really only use "arrive" to talk about "arriving at a place/physical location", not an event.
3) Maybe another of their "errors"? Hmm....

BTW: Usually, I would say "meeting" refers to some kind of business gathering. With friends, I would say "get together" or "party" or something along those lines....

Thanks for your answers!!